Field Placement Office: (fax #: 215-571-4270)
PA Clearance Policy, Forms, and Procedures:
For all information on Clearance Policies, Procedures and electronic applications, go to the School of Education’s Field Placement Office Website.
Stages of Field Experiences:
- Field Experiences Overview – (Graduate level)
- Please be advised that Student Teaching must be completed in an appropriate American Public/Charter school, or an approved International school whereby English is the language spoken in all classrooms and the school is following PA Department of Education and US Department of Education guidelines. In addition, field placement candidates should have access to appropriate school settings for field placements which include working with students with special needs and students whose first language is not English.
Field Placement Application Procedures (Graduate):
STAGE 1 & 2 Classroom Observations & Explorations:
- Academic Year Field Placement Form (for UG & GR students)
- Please submit only one Academic Year Field Placement Form for courses that require a field experience (stage 1 and 2) for all quarter terms you plan to take during the academic year.
- If your plan of study changes, please submit an updated form indicating that the new submission is a revision and include all courses (requiring a stage 1 and 2 field experience) for each term of the academic year.
- Message regarding Classroom Observations from Field Placement Office for Stage 1 & 2 Observation field placements.
- Required Field Experiences in Special Ed courses (GR Level)
- Classroom Observation Orientation (All programs that require Classroom Observations & Explorations)
- Observation Log
STAGE 3: Pre-student Teaching (UG & GR) or Practicum for EDUC 608
Please be advised of the Pre-student Teaching application and deadlines to apply!
Pre-student Teaching Application Deadlines:
- Fall term Methods/Practicum course: Apply by January 1
- Winter term Methods/Practicum course: Apply by April 1
- Spring term Methods/Practicum course: Apply by October 1
The pre-student teaching field experience/s are associated with the following methods courses (UG/GR):
- PreK-4 Program:
- Math Methods MTED 317/517
- Early Literacy: EDUC 336/529
- Secondary Program:
- Science Methods EDUC 314/514
- Math Methods: MTED 319/519
- English: EDUC 358/538
- Social Studies: EDUC 356/556
- Teaching English as a Second Language: EDUC 608 The Intercultural Learner
Stage 4: Student Teaching (UG & Graduate)
- Student Teaching Field Placement Application (UG and Graduate)
- Modified Graduate Student Teaching & Seminar for Instructional I or II Certified Teachers Seeking Elementary Education
- Approved International Schools for Field Placement and Field Experiences
Online Student Teaching Orientations:
- Student Teaching Orientation Powerpoint Fall 2014
- Student Teaching Simulation (to be viewed by Cooperating Teachers, University Supervisors and Student Teachers)
- Student Teaching Manual: